Becoming a Certified Birth Doula
I have been training to become a certified birth doula through http://www.childbirthinternational.com/. Currently I am a back up doula for a few moms to be and will be attending a couple births in April. I am really excited to start working with moms and supporting them throughout their labor.
I have been working as an Office Manager for Zoya at A Balanced Approach since September 2010. A Balanced Approach offers physical therapy, fitness classes, doula services and childbirth classes.
I feel really lucky to have such a great birth network here in Kodiak that I can learn so much from. The training I am working on is all self paced and online. I should be completed and certified by the end of this summer:)


2 Comments:
Fantastic!! I am so happy you are doing this. I wish I had had a doula for my first birth- I know I wouldn't have ended up with an emergency c-section.
Eva
Thank you:) I feel the same way Eva. I wish I had a doula or would have at least been more educated about my options when I had Matthew. I am happy to be able to help other mothers have the best birth experience possible:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home